Sunday, March 29, 2009

some weather

The weekend weather here started off wonderfully...and I am being facetious...we woke yesterday morning to find several inches of snow! It snowed all day and finally quit around 9 pm last night. I'm guessing we had over 6 inches. Stupid me wasn't thinking when I packed up all my winter shoes and took them home two weeks ago. I should have remembered that it always snows here the last week of March or the first week of April...alas, I was not thinking and so yesterday had to alternate between my running shoes, and my only other pair of shoes, which became soaked each time I left the building. However, for all of yesterday's crappy weather, today was beautiful. The sky was clear and blue, the trees covered in purple buds, the sun warming the world and white snow everywhere. The colors were so bright it was like being inside the most vivid photograph. I couldn't help but notice the signs of spring everywhere, and so, this evening, my roommate and I went for a drive and enjoyed the scenery. Here's to spring. :)

No comments: