Thursday, April 30, 2009

almost there

I know I've been "saying" it for a while now, but really, I'm almost there...the end of the school year has finally arrived and there are just a few more hours until summer begins. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to my roommate for the last time. We've lived together for nearly 2 years and she's by far, the best roommate I've had. Ashley and I are very similar and just kind of walk to our own beat. We think alike, were into the same stuff as kids, had some of the same experiences as teenagers, are both only girls in large families of boys, and we were born just four days apart-she's basically the twin I didn't have. Losing her to the wide, wide world will be though, but she will go out and make something of herself. :)

As sad as I am to be bidding farewell to friends, I am also very much looking forward to home. I've said it before, but for me, being away from home has gotten harder rather than easier each time I've had to come back to school. This year has been the most trying. Maybe it's because I've not only had to be away from my family, but J. as well, or maybe I just crave the privacy and comfort of home, whatever it is, it will be nice to get back.

Anyway, the following is a verse that I like to keep in mind when things are stressful or trying...kind of fitting for these last few hours of stress before the summer,

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I wil be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...Do not be afraid, for I am with you."-Isaiah 43:1b-3, and 5A.

No comments: